Tuesday 10 March 2015

Seven and a half miles Baby!

You know something? Given I was quite tired at the start of yesterday's run, I expected more of the same today. And it wasn't like that at all. I started strong. I don't mean I was fast. I specifically wasn't fast. But I was comfortable. Instead of heading out to the ring road, as I'd intended, I did my two main 5k routes together, with a bit extra tagged on to the start and the end. And it felt good. Now, I was definitely tired by about 9k in, so the last 2.5k were not as comfortable, but it was totally manageable.

As much as I sometimes find the training schedule a big, scary commitment, I have to admit that I'm so much stronger than I was before I started. If I wasn't increasing my mileage so much, I'd be running my five km routes a few times a week, possibly trying Parkrun every now and again, but there's no way I'd be getting into running over ten miles in one fell swoop, never mind contemplating doing sixteen this weekend.

Feeling good and positive today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment