Wednesday 18 March 2015

A lot more perky today

I feel so much better for having had a good night's sleep. I went to bed by ten thirty, early for me, and was up at 6.30am, no run to do. That was great! So I'm not at all drained today. My knees were sore and my legs stiff in general after yesterday's run, but that's eased now too.

Nutritionally speaking though, I had a bad day yesterday. I ate every calorie I'd earned on the run and more. Even with the 200g of jelly sweets that I ate at work, I'd have come in under my allowance after a dinner of homemade chicken curry and brown basmati rice, but I got a tub of chocolate salted caramel ice cream and ate the whole darn thing. So I ended up about 1300 cals over for the day! Must do better :-) I'm still two stone lighter though, than I was at the start of the year, when I started the marathon training, with seven weeks to go. I can get a bit lighter yet. It all helps with the running. Mind you, apart from needing to pooh en route, I'm never going to have owt in common with Paula Radcliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment