Friday 13 March 2015

I can stop at any time. Honest!

It's that time of the week again when I start to worry about my Saturday long run. Sixteen miles tomorrow. I sure as Hell am not doing it round the park this week. As good an idea as I thought that was last week, I think it would kill me this week. But I'm working on my positivity (is that a real word, or did I just make it up?)

I don't have to do this, I've chosen to. I could stop at any time. So I'm going to shut the hell up and get on with it. I can just go out and enjoy running for the sake of running. It's getting lighter in the mornings, so I have more choices of places to run. I might try listening to the radio again, though that wasn't a great success yesterday, as there was a lot of static at times, and the only way to stop it was to have my hand on the earphone connection, that was acting as the aerial. I guess I don't really want to run like that for sixteen miles, never mind twenty-six!

My plan tomorrow is to run up the main road to Ballyrobert, turn right towards Crawsordsburn and run to Carnlea, then go through the trees there (if it's light by then) and hit the coastal path. By the time I get to Pickie, that should be ten miles. If I tack on my two normal three milers, or some of the ring road, that should see me finish. So a fair bit of the run will be new, and some will be picturesque. I hope to be done in three hours forty-five. Just one more distance increase to go in the training before the big day. I do sixteen miles three Saturdays in a row, then eighteen for two.

Bring on the Shambolic Shuffle!


No comments:

Post a Comment