Tuesday 3 March 2015

Mid Week Slump And It's Not Even Mid Week!

I'm so tired today. I had a second night of sleeplessness, and then got up at 4.45am to fit in a six mile run before work. Yeah, yeah, I know. Aren't I great! I just like getting the run done and out of the way. I'm much more likely to do it if I don't have it hanging over my head all day while I'm at work. I think I am creating my own sleeplessness by constantly worrying about getting the mileage done. This week, it's four, six and four before work. Never mind the long Saturday run. I can do that at my leisure, but I do worry about getting up early enough to cover the miles. In a week or two it builds to five, eight, five. Seriously, I refuse to get up any earlier than 4.30! Perhaps I'll sleep better tonight when I know I'm not getting up till 6.30am. No run in the morning. Bliss! (Though I'll miss the extra calories that I earn )

The run itself didn't have the feel-good factor that yesterday's did. There was a very cold wind blowing right in my face a lot of the time, and I was tired. I had to use a lot of positive talking to myself to get through it. I told myself that I was strong and getting stronger and that I was made of stern stuff so I couldn't quit.Corny, I know, but it got me though it. I don't want to set a precedent of not finishing a run. That would not be good for my moral. I must admit though that I thought I was going to have to stop to go to the loo though. That's been the case on a couple of runs now.

Well, I got through it, that's the main thing, and every time I finish a run that I don't want to finish, I get a little stronger. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment