Thursday 26 March 2015

New shoes

I ran in the evening again. I don't like evening runs particularly, but I did it and it's another run under my belt. I was away last night, so an early morning run was out of the question. My new shoes had arrived to work, so I picked them up yesterday and had them to look forward to inaugurating today.


Ta da! That's them. My new Hoka Cliftons. They are different. The sole was seriously springy. It was like running on thick foam. They were very light despite how chunky they are. They are reviewed on a running site that I use as a long distance shoe and suitable for light over pronators. So they should work for me. I just wonder what sort of support they offer.

I ran five miles this evening and my time was a little better than previous attempts. It still bugs me that despite having run a lot more than five miles on many occasions, five miles is still hard for me. My knees feel better after the run than they did before it. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment