Tuesday 24 March 2015

Last two runs

I'm off work this week, but I'm feeling smug because I got up early and ran yesterday regardless of that. I did five miles. It was tough enough,  given that I've run more than five miles on many occasions now. My knees have been tired and sore, particularly the right one. I wondered about getting up early and running again this morning. I ended up having a lie in. And much enjoyed it was too. But it was in my head all day tgat I owed myself eight miles. I could have run tomorrow and Wednesday instead, but in the end I went out at five o'clock instead. I just wanted to get it done. While I wasn't so keen on running in the evening traffic, I still ran well and my pace was better than it normally is in the morning. 

I got an email to say that a parcel had been delivered to work. I'm pretty sure that it's my new Hoka running shoes, so I'm going to collect them when I'm in Belfast tomorrow. I'm thinking that the Brooks I bought recently are not giving me enough support for the high mileage runs, and that's possibly why my right knee is getting sore. Hoka are supposed to be really good for long distances. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment